Where: Dialogue Society, London
by Sarah Perceval
Who is this course for?
Good public speaking and presentation skills are a vital element of effective communication. The ability to present, persuade or negotiate is essential to the success and development of any organisation, whether corporate, voluntary or charity.
This course is aimed at those who frequently find themselves being asked to speak at a club, society or organisation event; those having to deliver a presentation on behalf of an organisation at a conference or corporate event; those who wish to increase their confidence in presenting at team meetings; those who would like the confidence to contribute more in meetings; those who wish to become effective communicators; students who wish to increase their confidence and presentation skills.
What is it about?
This course is delivered over three weeks with each weekly session lasting two hours. Group sizes consist of a maximum of 15 persons. This course is highly interactive and participants will have the opportunity to analyse their own presentation style and delivery. Presentations will be recorded during the session to enable constructive feedback and allow each individual to identify and improve their effectiveness.
The course includes:
- How to structure a presentation
- Effective delivery
- Using visual aids
- Awareness of body language
- How to handle audience questions
What will I get out of it?
- Techniques on how to build confidence in giving presentations and diminish nerves.
- Appreciate how to structure presentations so that the audience understands the messages that you wish to convey.
- Using your voice to keep the audience focused on your presentation.
- Building a rapport with the audience.