15th November 2012 will see the first ever elections of local police and crime commissioners (PCCs) across the country. The Dialogue Society, Leicester Branch, is inviting local people to come and consider what the introduction of this role will mean for local policing, and what kind of PCC they want for this area.
Local PCC candidates will be allotted 10-15 minutes to give their reflections, along with local politicians.
Attendees will have time to ask the speakers questions and to give their own perspectives.
- Can PCCs improve standards in local policing?
- What qualities and experience will a good PCC need?
- What are our priorities for policing in the local area?
- Sir Clive Loader, Conservative Party candidate
- Sarah Russel, Labour Party candidate
- Suleman Nagdi, Independent candidate